Sunday, February 9, 2014

Monterey, California

I Have set a goal for myself to add a page every week. We have a printed blog book, and the kids love it.
I have a lot of catching up to do.
This year Katie (4th grade) and Joseph (2nd grade) started public school. As with everything there have been things we love and things we hate about it. I miss the kids. They love the field trips, recess, and friends. We don't like that school now takes up their entire day. I have Joshua (kindergarten) home with me this year. He has blossomed this year being the oldest child most of the day.

There is so much to do here. The kids loved riding on the trolley during the summer months.



The kids love the "Bird Man" on the Wharf.
Katie was first.

Michael with a bird.

Joseph!

Joshua!

Hannah!

Hyrum, Michael, Hannah, Joseph, and Katie watching a movie.

We've gotten to see a lot of my family living here. We go to Fresno about once a month and they come here about the same. We love it. Here's Grandpa with Hannah, Christopher, Carly, Joseph, and Nahaeva (Josh and our new van are behind them).


We had a giant family sized (nasty) sunday a few weeks ago. Each of the kids got to pick a topping. The kids loved it!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun to hear about each child. I love the pictures!!! I loved Monterey when I was there and this blog makes me want to pack my bags and get back out there. Love ya!- Grandma Payne

Unknown said...

Loved hearing about each child. This blog makes me want to pack my bags and get back out there!! Love you guys!!!