Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Baby Hyrum

Little Hyrum John Payne was born August 30th, 2013 at 6:40 PM in Monterey CA.

He weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 19 inches long.

I took these pictures when he was 6 days old.

Josh and I went to the hospital  at 3:30 pm to get induced on the 30th. I was already dilated to about 3 cm. At 4pm the doctor broke my water and then started me on pitocine. It started some small contractions and after an hour I thought this labor my be longer than the others. Then a little after 5 my contractions really started. Hyrum was posterior and was by far the most painful labor. About 6:20 I was only dilated 4 cm and asked for an epidural. Before the epidural really kicked in he was born! I was able to hold him for about 2 hours before the nurse took him to check him and weigh him.    

The kids came down about 8pm to meet their new baby brother. All the kids held him except Joshua who was afraid he would cry (he now loves to hold him). I will post pictures of the kids holding him at the hospital later.

I love baby feet! He has big feet!


He is such a sweet baby! I have loved cuddling him!


At one week old he already gained 3 oz. He is a big eater! He is already starting to get chubby. I love it!


He covered his face while I was taking pictures! It made me laugh! I love this little boy I have been blessed with!

No comments: