Friday, September 19, 2014

Week 5:Roasting Marshmallows on the Roof and McDonalds


The Payne family isn't truly happy unless a fire is involved, and marshmallow take it to a whole new level!
Last Saturday we roasted marshmallows on our roof. The kids loved it! 
This is where living in a cement house is nice! I would never build a fire on top of a house in the states! 
Hyrum really liked his marshmallow. 
Hannah roasting hers. 

 Katie is a good helper with Hyrum. He really wants to touch it.
 The sunset was so beautiful that night. I wish I'd been able to capture it better. 
 Hyrum's favorite place to be is outside! He cries when he's not allowed out.

The only problem with fires here is that it is hard to find wood in Jordan.  


Last night we went to the City Mall. It's huge! I've never seen a place with so many giant malls. While there we went to McDonald's for dinner.  We've tried quite a bit of Arabic food, but sadly the spices are not to our liking.  I'm not usually a fan of McDonalds, but holy cow was it good! 
We get a lot of attention where ever we go. The workers there treated us like royalty. They brought us extra chairs, a high chair, balloons for each of the kids, and a stack of little activity books for the kids. 
After, we got the kids each an ice cream cone. Hyrum loved his. I know big surprise!
 Messy Michael! 
Hannah won for the messiest!  
The ice cream was like whipped cream.  
It was interesting to see an Arabic version of Mcdonalds. The uniforms for the women included hijabs (the head scarves the women wear). 
It was a fun evening. There are so many neat things here, but I find I miss America!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

So fun!! Fire on your roof?! Josh must be in heaven. ;) Love all the ice cream smiles!

Jeni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.