This week I needed something to keep the little kids happy while I home schooled the older 4 so I made a blanket/ table hammock. Hannah loved it. Hyrum not so much.
This was just a pretty bird I saw in our yard.
We have several "pet" cats. Hyrum likes to sit on the kitchen counter to see them. This is Dotty, one of the regulars (they come even though we don't feed them).
So I've always wanted to live by an Ikea store and never have, until now. I never thought my first time would be in the Middle East! I just think it's funny.
We went after work on Tuesday. On our way out we saw that they had cheap ice cream cones (Sadly there's no good ice cream in this country). Josh got some cones and coins. Then you take them over to a machine. You.You put a cone in the holder, put your coin in, pick your flavor, and it raises the cone, fills it with ice cream and lowers it back down. The kids loved their ice cream before they even tasted it (Actually it was so awful this ice cream-aholic couldn't eat it, even though I was quite desperate). My kids however do not have developed taste buds yet and thought it was great.
Hyrum loved it, as you can see.
On Wednesday after lunch we went to Madaba. We loved it! First we went to The Church of The Apostle. It's from 578 AD. The mosaic inside were very cool.
Our guide would spray water on the tiles and it would bring out all the color.
You can see such a difference between the wet tiles and dry.
The family after our tour at the entrance.
We found this little streets full of shops that looked neat. We loved it! People love our big family here. They all tell us we are like them. We are planning on making a mosaic and needed to buy some tile. We were directed to a shop where an old lady helped us. She showed us what to do also. We enjoyed looking at all the mosaics in her shop. I love how friendly all the people are here!

1 comment:
Wow!! What awesome adventures!! Love the tiles! I hope the McDonalds ice cream was better than Ikea's! :)
Post a Comment