The Sabbath day is on Friday in Jordan. Our branch meets in this building. We have the whole 1st floor (in America it would be the second floor. The first floor is always called ground floor, and the next the first floor.) We park under the building and take the elevator. The kids love it! I love that as soon as the doors open it looks and feels like an LDS church. There are about 60 people in the branch. We have a lot of BYU students here until December (probably 50-60 more people). We meet from 9:30- 11:50. An Arabic branch meets right after us. Josh and I both got callings on our first Friday here. I'm in nursery, and Josh is the Gospel Doctrine teacher. We both are enjoying our callings. I went from a nursery with about 30 kids and 6 leaders to a nursery of 3-6 (2 of mine, and 1 that's not really old enough).
I love that the church is as strong as it is in a country that doesn't allow missionaries. Even though Jordan is a country that is not hostile to Christians, life can be very hard for Arabs who join the church. I admire the strength of the people who are willing to give up everything for Christ. It makes me stop and think about how deep my dedication is. I've never had to choose to follow Christ over family, country, marriage, or even death, It makes me so sad that many of the middle eastern countries will not allow their people to convert to Christianity, if they do they are killed. I love our Savior. I hope someday the people through out the middle east will know what I know.

No comments:
Post a Comment