Friday, August 29, 2014

The kids thought about Jordan

Katie
1. Favorite thing in Jordan- "How ancient it is!"
2. What's weird- "The driving in Jordan because there aren't very many signs, no lanes, and everyone parks weird, except in the parking garage at church, people park normal there."
3. What's fun- "The swimming pool, Jerash, and there's lots more fun stuff people talk about."
4. Good food- "I really like the apples, oranges, and the meat thing we ate at the fast food place." (A deep fried meat filled pastry.) 
5. Bad food- "Figs were kinda weird, the milk was terrible!"
6. What I miss about America- "Seeing the ocean and friends."
7. Our house- "It's so cool! It's got like 60 something stairs. The furniture's nice. I like our backyard. It's pretty and has lots of flowers. I like the lime tree the most! It reminds me of playing with Hailey in Louisiana."
"I think Jordan's gonna be the funnest!"
Joseph
1. Favorite thing in Jordan- "So far all the cats, and getting to throw rocks at them."
2. What's weird- "The houses, they're funny looking."
3. What's fun- "Go to the pool"
4. Good food- "The eggs and hot chocolate!"
5. Bad food- "Hot chocolate that has too much cocoa!"
6. What I miss about America- "I miss getting a lot of space we don't really have a big front yard or back yard."
7. Our house- "I want to go on the balcony. I've never been on our balcony."
Joshua
1. Favorite thing in Jordan- "Can I wait until Hyrum's birthday to see if birthday's are the best here?"
2. What's weird- "That if you touch a cat you get rabbis." (Yes, we've scared, and threaten our kids, CATS ARE BAD (in Jordan)!) 
3. What's fun- "Going to different places."
4. Good food- "Mom's bread"
5. Bad food- "I hate the white drink." (We tried a popular Jordanian drink at a fast food place. Honestly it was the worst drink ever! It was like sour watery greek yogurt. YUCK!)
6. What I miss about America- "I miss the swimming pool." (in Monterey)
7. Our house-"I like the top of the roof and I hate the floors cause they're hard."
Michael
1. Favorite thing in Jordan- "That Jesus was baptized here.""
2. What's weird- "That there's a safe button." (We have a safe room with a panic button in our house.)
3. What's fun- "Playing on the tablet." (We still are living out of luggage for the most part and the kids are board.)
4. Good food- "Their jelly, It's really good!" (Actually, it's awful! Totally fake!)
5. Bad food- "I don't like the potatoes that are red (tomatoes), but I like them if they are smushed up."
6. What I miss about America- "The big circle around with a tree in the middle.. It's a half circle because the other part goes to the road." (A small circle in the road that the kids rode their bikes around in Louisiana.)
7. Our house- "Well, it has a lot of bedrooms."
Hannah
1. Favorite thing in Jordan- "Playing"
2. What's weird- "The family" (She's right we're a weird family!)
3. What's fun- "Playing wii" (Funny she said this because she's the only one who doesn't play!)
4. Good food- "Cakes" (We've not had a cake here.)
5. Bad food- "I like cake and cookies" (Apparently there are no bad foods. Just wishful thinking.)
6. What I miss about America- "Jordan" (I won't even try to explain this one!)
7. Our house- "Our house is pretty."
Hyrum (by Mom)
1. Favorite thing in Jordan- Bidets! It's like a sink just my size. I like to fill them with toilet paper and leave the water running. My brothers and sister get in trouble because they leave the bathroom doors open! I'm a lucky baby, I have 6 bathrooms to destroy!! (Evil baby laugh, ha ha ha!!)
2. What's weird- The walls hurt my head as much as the marble floors!
3. What's fun- To throw things into the drain hole on the floor in the kitchen. PU, it's stinky!!
4. Good food- Spaghetti, bottles, and eggs
5. Bad food- Rice
6. What I miss about America- Real baby food, soft floors, getting to play outside ( I cry when Dad goes to work and shuts the door in my face. I just want to take myself on a walk because my Mom's a chicken and wont take me out for walks!) .
7. Our house- I like to scare my Mom by going up and down the granite stairs! 

No comments: