March 13th, 2015- Friday
We walked to the Garden Tomb in the morning just as it was opening.
It was almost empty. It was so beautiful, peaceful and quiet.
The kids each got a scavenger hunt paper. They enjoyed finding each item on their sheets.
Hannah loved the flowers.
Inside the tomb.
The tomb.
The tomb is right next to Golgotha. Sadly my pictures of it ended up really blurry.
The Damascus Gate.
The kids think the butcher shops are cool.
By Jaffa gate.
Having a snack.
The Western Wall or Wailing Wall. There is a side for men and a side for women. I took the girls first.
It was very crowded.
I kept Hyrum but the rest of the boys went with Josh. They had to wear caps.
We got some lunch and then went to Hezekiah's tunnel. This was the kids favorite! We had to walk down lots of stairs, and through a cave to an ancient tunnel with water running through it.
Michael at a sign showing how deep the water can be.
Hyrum wanted to walk. He thinks he's a big kid now but doesn't really listen yet.
In the cave.
In the tunnel.
It's pitch black in there. We didn't have enough flashlight for everyone, the kids got them so I had to rely on them.
At the beginning the sound of rushing water is quite loud. I was glad that the water wasn't actually moving fast like it sounded. It was deepest at the beginning too.
Josh held Hannah.
I held Hyrum. It wasn't very wide and sometimes the ceiling was low so it made holding the kids a bit awkward. Hyrum fell asleep soon after we got in the tunnel. I only bumped our heads a few times! It was really dark!
It was about 1/3 of a mile. It took us about 25 minutes to get through.
The kids loved it so much the begged to go again (We did it again on Sunday)!
We got a taxi ride back to the hotel, ate oatmeal in our room (I love instant oatmeal and hot water kettles on trips), watched a movie, and went to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment