Friday, October 17, 2014

Week 10

Nothing special this week. 
Last Saturday we went back up to Madaba to get some more tiles and things to build our mosiacs.

Sadly my phone died and I had to get a new one. I lost all of my contacts. Thankfully I had already save all my pictures on our computer. 

Hannah is sassy. She came into me last week while I was sweeping and put her hands on her hips, stomped her foot and said, "Hey Mom! I want a chocolate chip!". I told her no and she said "then I'll punch you!". I asked her what would happen is she punched me, and she said with a pouty lip "then I'll have to sit in the corner". She ran off to play. Ha ha! At least she knows what the consequence is! 

Hyrum is getting at least 4 teeth right now. He is so grumpy! He is so stubborn too. He loves to do the opposite of whatever I say. Good thing he's so cute! I am a bit worried about our trip next week with a grouchy one year old. 

We have been getting ready for our Jordan  trip. 
We've had to go up to the Embassy a few times. We always make our way to the park at the Embassy while we wait for Josh to finish his work so he can take us back home. Hyrum likes to run in front of the swings (big surprise, huh?). I ran to grab him, and was looking down and didn't see the big bar that I smashed my face on. I just wanted to match my toddler with a giant goose egg on my forehead! The next time we went Katie fell off the swing and hit her head on the ground. Poor girl looked like she wanted to cry, but she's tough. The park is dangerous for big people! Ha ha.

We have a man down the street where we live who sells fruits and vegetables just about everyday out of his truck. He likes Josh and our family. We bought fruit from him yesterday and he gave each of the kids a banana. I wish we had fruit stands like this in neighborhoods in America. 
We also went to out favorite restaurant for dinner last night. I love getting a night off cooking for 5 JD. The server knows most of the kids names. Josh is often called Abu Yusef (father of Joseph). 

Elder Holland is coming in a few weeks to dedicate our church building.  Katie and I are singing in our branch choir. I have really enjoyed having a daughter old enough to enjoy more grown up things. 

Josh has been getting all his college applications in. Our fist pick is University of Utah, then Monterey Institute of International Studies, possibly University of Texas in Austin, and Navel Post Graduate School (also Monterey, but only as a back up we'd like to be military free for school). 

That's pretty much all we've been up to this week.
  

1 comment:

Glen and Kris Payne said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the updates! I check your blog frequently and appreciate hearing about the cute things the kids are doing. LOVE YA'LL - from down here in Texas - Momma Payne