Wednesday, June 19, 2013

6 Month Update

 
Warning, this is ridiculously long! You have been warned! Ha ha ha!
 I'm not very good at keeping up with my blog. So here are some of the things the Payne family has been up to since December 2012.
 
 We tried to take some family pictures before we left Louisiana but they didn't turn out like I was hoping.
 
 My cute little Katie Girl!
 
 
 
For Christmas this last year I made all the kids marshmallow shooters. We had a big war in our living room. It was a giant mess but the kids (and Josh) loved it.
 
 
 
 
January
We went down to Huston to visit Tyler, Jessica and their girls. Everyone had a lot fun. Joseph went on his first duck hunt (he was cold and tired). The kids love the big swing and the moss that grows in the trees. I wasn't feeling all that great, and a few weeks later found out we are expecting baby #6! 
 
 
 
 
 
At the end of January the movers packed up our house and sent it to Monterey, California. We were in our empty house for 2 weeks. The kids got very creative with their fun. A month later we finally got to Monterey. After about another 2 weeks in a hotel we got into our house! It was like Christmas unpacking boxes. The kids would say things like, "I remember this" or "I love this!".
Katie also turned 9 in February. We had a fun party with her friends before we moved. I can't believe how big she is getting!
February
 We stayed at my parents house for almost 2 weeks on our way to Monterey. The kids love the tire swing.
 I love this little face!
 
 
Another favorite is the zip line.  The kids can't get enough of this.
March
We got into our house! It is the nicest house we had. It is one story and has a 2 car garage. I love it! We are about a mile or less for the ocean.
Josh put all the kids away for me! Ha ha the kids love their dad. He's, as the kids say, "the most fun, more fun than mom". I love it!
 
 Josh has loved fishing in the ocean!! He goes out as often as he can, which isn't often enugh. This was his first fish. He caught this one from the shore. He pulled in a ton of seaweed and the kids are the ones who spotted the fish in the middle of it all. Now he mostly fishes from his kayak. We've eaten a lot of fish since moving here.
Josh is going to DLI and is learning Arabic. We will be here for a little over a year and then we will all be moving to the middle east somewhere for a year.
April
We found out that we are having another boy! We are very excited to meet him at the beginning of September.
 
 
Hannah turned 2 at the beginning of April. She is a fun, spunky little girl!
Joseph turned 7 and wanted a volcano cake. He loves to read, animals, and the beach.
 
 
 My house is protected, is yours?
I think Joshua or Michael did this.
I had this beautiful bouquet delivered to me. I love my wonderful husband! 
Hannah decided to put lipstick on before church one Sunday. This is awesome lipstick, it doesn't come off! 
May
Josh and my dad took the boys to father's and sons. They had fun until they all got sick, except for dad.
 
 
Grandpa and the boys! 
 
 
 
We went to the beach. My kids love Aunt Carly! 
 June
Michael's 4th birthday! He was very excited to get his motorcycle bike. He is such a happy go lucky boy. I love this kid with his wonderful chubby checks!
 My goof ball Hannah
We are all trying to learn Arabic. It is fun to hear the kids speak it. Hannah knows mom and dad. Katie knows it the best (besides Josh). I ask her a lot "how do you say..." or "what does...... mean?". She's very quick with it.  
We got a kitten. All the kids love her but Joshua especially. He's always holding her! 
He makes the funniest faces! 
 
Joseph 
Hannah loves to play with Carly. We are already dreading moving away from my family in a year. We love living so close to them, only 3 hours!!  
 
Father's day!
The kids made up a menu for Josh for Father's day. He got waffles, whipped cream, a fruit salad (Katie), hot chocolate, orange juice, milk duds, and a kids gummy vitamin (Michael loves them and was sure Josh would love it too. Josh is a great dad and choked down the nasty vitamin with a smile!). Then they all got in bed to watch a movie. He's such an awesome dad!
I gave him these pictures framed.
 
 
Michael wanted to dress like dad the other day and went everywhere dressed like this.
We are loving living in Seaside, being close to family, and having Josh on a regular schedule!
 Life is wonderful!
 

 

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Soooooo cute!!!! I love lipstick that doesn't come off until my kiddos get in to it. Hee hee! I can't believe how BIG Hannah is getting. I have to meet that cutie pie some day soon. Maybe @ Bree's sealing...? :) I love you tons Jill!!