Here are some pictures of the kids this month!

We went to the zoo one
rainy Saturday. We ended up wet and all the animal were hiding. I thought it was a
terrible zoo trip but when we got in the van all the kids said excited, happy thank you, and told me how much fun they had! They did have some animals out for people to touch. A snake,
skink, and a baby alligator! The kids thought it was really cool. The zoo wasn't very crowed because of the rain and so the kids go to ask questions and take their time seeing each of the animals. I was glad they loved it!

The kids were playing "army" the other day. They dressed up and had "guns". Some were the good guys and some the bad guys. They flew in a
helicopter it
Afghanistan to fight with Josh. It is very
interesting to watch these kids grow up in the army. Joseph wants to be a soldier when he grows up and is very mad that he can't go to
Afghanistan with Josh. He tells me all the time that he's going there when he grows up. I told Katie that I never had to have my Dad gone for so long like she did. That really surprised her. To her this is hard, but normal. All of her friends either have dad's gone right now or they've been gone at some
point. So while it's very hard on the kids it was interesting to see that in the kids minds this is just how it is and all families have to do this.
Yesterday we went down to Lake Charles (about an hour south of us) to run some errands. Anytime I have to drag the kids along on my errands I try to end it with something fun for them. This time we went to a beach at Lake Charles. The kids had so much fun!

Joshua using his hands to tell me that seals don't swim!

Katie playing on the rocks.

Joseph playing in the water.

The kids! The beach was pretty yucky with lots of broken shells and we even found a few pieces of broken glass, but the kids didn't seem to notice.

My sweet little Katie girl! I sure hope she'll share baby Hannah with me when she gets here!! She is so excited!

Michael playing outside at our house. He thinks he's a big kid! He loves to wrestle and can take down all of his older brothers and sister! I'm going to have to keep baby Hannah in a bubble to protect her from this rough little boy!!
Caterpillars galore! We have
caterpillars EVERYWHERE! The kids love it! They
frequently loose their little friend and we later find them on their backs or somewhere like that! They currently have about 8 living in the little bug jar Joseph's holding.

Joseph watching them eat. He is so funny, he wants lots of caterpillars, so he sat under a tree and told everyone around him to look harder for more!! Ha Ha!

Joshua with a "friend" climbing up his arm!

Joshua and "friend" (sorry I can't keep up with all their names!!).

Little buddies at the park.

Joshua at the park. I was able to convince the kids that going to a park we don't usually go to and having a picnic there would be more fun than driving an hour to go to the zoo. Yeah! We'd just gone to the zoo 2 weeks before and I didn't want to go again.

Michael!

A few weeks ago the kids had a
camp out/sleep over in the boys room! We set up a tee pee that Aunt Jessica made for the kids and they eventually all fell asleep after lots of laughing, talking and playing!

Katie with her head out of the
TP and the rest of her body inside!

Michael
completely out of the
TP with an elbow in his face! Michael was very excited to get to join the big kids and not have to sleep in his crib.
Joshua at least got his bottom in the TP!

We planted strawberries last month. Katie has diligently taken care of them and watched them grow. This is the first ripe strawberry! She was very excited to get to pick and eat it! I don't think I'll get to try a single strawberry with this girl around. She will eat them until they make her sick and then still eat more!!

All my sweet babies! They are my joy!
Frequently I get comments
when we're out and about from people who are shocked that they are all mine and I'm about to have another. They say things like "I'm sorry" or "don't worry they'll grow up some day" or "why?". I love the way Josh answers people "I'm just greedy I guess!". As much work as they are, Josh and I feel so blessed to have they precious little children in our family. We are just one big, greedy family!!

The boys sleeping on the couch at the same time in the same position! Michael probably wondering why they are napping and not him!
Best part of the week....
Josh leave for R&R on Friday!!!!He'll get home may be the following Tuesday!!! We are so excited!!!!!
Also I'm scheduled to be induced on the 13th (1 week early)! We are very excited to get to see our little Hannah!
4 comments:
What a sweet post. Zoo looks like a blast, park looks like fun & I love your greedy family! Keep up the greed, I'm sure Heavenly Father approves with all His heart!!
Also, I am so excited that Josh comes home in a few days!!!! YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!!! Hope it's a magical visit!
Sure love you!
Oh my GOODNESS! I love this post! Your pictures look amazing. You really found some great light! And I'm so glad that that TP is getting some love. You are amazing! I'm so excited for your family...HOW AWESOME IT'S GOING TO BE TO HAVE DADDY HOME! And of course finally meet Hannah!!! Oh my, I'm getting teary just thinking about it. Love you.
I have often gotten a similar reaction at the store and given a similar response. My kids are roughly the same ages as yours except opposite genders (boy then 3 girls). I find a strange sort of pride in their amazement. Last week, the lady at the grocery store demanded that I have help out to my car. Even though I politely declined, I could hear her repeatedly urgently calling for someone over the loudspeaker and soon an employee was running after me in the parking lot.
(I'm Josh's cousin on his mom's side, in case you were wondering).
Love your blog, Jill!! I think it's pretty awesome that you take your kids "out" even though you're about ready to pop. That is the hardest time to get up, let alone go outside--and you have all your kids. You are an amazing mommy.
Josh called Faye the other day, and that girl sure loves to tease/get teased by Uncle Josh. I'm glad you get to see him SOON!! Good luck with baby Hannah.
Post a Comment