Sunday, October 10, 2010

Family Fun

Well, this belongs at the bottom. At the zoo Katie got eaten by a dinosaur!


In September we went to the Dallas, Texas Fair with Josh's family. We had a lot of fun. The best part was a fountain. The kids saw it and had to get wet!

Katie running around the inside of the fountain. Michael and cousin Rachel playing in the water. Michael went into the middle a few times and one of the times he got stuck! Every time he tried to get out he got sprayed in the face and would move over just far enough that he was in the next stream! I finally pulled him out! Ha Ha it was pretty funny!



We went to a really neat petting zoo. They had zebras, Buffalo, kangaroo, ostriches, a baby camel and its mom, a giraffe, and lots more. The kids loved it!



This was a huge tractor. Uncle Teancum and Michael in the giant wheel.
Katie and Michael in the wheel.

Sleepy kids! Michael laid down on Joseph, Joseph was nice enough to let him! Josh and Teancum took the kids on a roller coaster.


This last weekend Josh and I took the kids to New Orleans. We are trying to get some fun family before Josh deploys. He leaves on the 29th. We are not looking forward to it.

Michael was inspecting the AC unit in our hotel room and decided the the filters needed to be clean. So our serving little boy cleaned them off... using his head!! The picture doesn't do it justice! Funny, but disgusting! After a picture he went straight to the bath!!


The drive to New Orleans was so neat! We drove about 18 miles on a bridge over a swamp. I'd never seen anything like it, it was so fascinating.



On Friday we took the kids to the aquarium in New Orleans. The kids had a blast. I must admit that after having gone to Sea World in San Diego, and aquariums in California it wasn't that impressive. Besides all the water was making me sick.

My kids are climbers especially Michael! People keep pointing at him making comments like He's too little to be walking! or Oh my, he' to small to do that.

Michael has been my smallest climber. I'm not sure if it is just his personality or having older siblings do it and he doesn't want to get left out. I've always thought that it would be really interesting if I could see what each of my children would be like if they were in a different spot in the family. Like if Katie wasn't the oldest would she still be as sweet and helpful and responsible or does part of that come from being the oldest?


Josh, Joshua, and Michael inside a hole in a tank. Katie is a little mommy. Sometime a little too much so but I love it. She loves to help me with Michael. While we were in Texas she was playing with Michael outside. When Josh went out to check on them he got there just in time to save Michael from his loving, big sister! She was just about to strap him into a doll bike seat on the back of a bike she rides while we are there. That would not have ended well had Josh not arrived soon enough! She is so fun!



On Saturday we took the kids to the zoo. It was a huge zoo and really cool. Josh was even impressed and that hardly ever happens at a zoo! Here are some fun pictures of the kids there.

Katie loves being on Josh's shoulders!

All the kids on a Komodo Dragon statue out side the exhibit (Theylove komodo dragons!)

There was a really neat dinosaur exhibit with huge moving dinos. Everyone loved it except for Joseph who cried the whole way through it. I have video, hopefully I'll get it to upload. As soon as we got out Joseph said he loved it and wasn't scared!

Joshua fell asleep in the stroller like this! That can't be comfortable and doesn't look like he would be able to breath well either!

We went on a "Free" ferry ride down the Mississippi river about 7 miles. We were going to ride it down to the next dock and then back to where our van was parked. When we got to the dock down stream a worker came and told us the ferry was broken and we'd have to get off there. We were now about 7 miles down the river from the van and on the wrong side of the Mississippi river! With no other option Josh called a cab and our "Free" 1 hour ferry ride turned into a $20, 2 hour ordeal. So if you ride a ferry, bring your car!


There was a really neat old tree at the zoo. It was huge and had a branch that went from about 7 or 8 feet up the tree to the ground. The kids loved it. Again Michael was climbing up as good as the rest of them, only I was mean and wouldn't let him go higher than I could reach him. He gets pretty mad at me sometimes!


This was every ones favorite part, there was a hill with a rock, gradual waterfall down to a pool at the bottom. The kids played here for probably an hour! There were two waterfall paths down the hill. One of them had water coming down from above so you had to walk through a waterfall. I wish I had some video here.


I have some fun videos but can't get them to upload. I'll try again another night.

2 comments:

Tyler and Jess said...

Love all the pictures! esp. the first one! awesome.

Jeni said...

Looks like you guys have been having lots & lots of fun!! Sure love you Paynes. You are in my prayers.