Sunday, August 2, 2009

We've Moved!

It's been a busy two months! We've had a lot of family visiting for Michael's baby blessing. 3 weeks ago we moved from Fort Irwin, Ca to Sierra Vista, AZ. Last Friday we moved into our new home after spending about a week with my Grandma in Mesa and about another week in hotels. We are all glad to get back to normal!
Here are some (I mean A LOT!) fun pictures!
These first pictures are at our home at Fort Irwin.

Baby Michael 1 month old

The kids eating Popsicles at their "table".

Katie sporting a fancy plastic bag outfit complete with leg holes!

Katie is really good at making silly faces!
Bet ya didn't know infant toys could be so darn entertaining did ya!?

Katie is such a great big sister. She LOVES Michael and is so sweet with him. She is getting so big and almost made me cry the other day when we discovered her loose tooth! She's still my baby she can't already be old enough to loose a tooth!

Josh and Michael napping on the couch.

Waiting for the moving truck!! I love Katie and Joshua's little arms on Josh's back!


Funny faces!

Kisses!

This is my head!

The kids are so tired of riding in the car!

Sleeping at the hotel. They look like a litter of puppies!

Our new home in Sierra Vista!

Our new address

2341 primrose Dr.

Sierra Vista, AZ 85635


We can see one of the Mountains from our front porch that Josh and I hike with Joseph and Katie on our backs the last time we lived here! It's the peak on the right.

Joshua playing with a baby toy.

Joseph sleeping on the couch.

Yesterday the kids were playing in the front yard while Josh and I were unpacking stuff in the garage. Katie came running to Josh and told him that there was a snake. We went with her and there was Joshua trapping in a 4 foot snake on our small fenced in front porch. I quickly grabbed Joshua out of the opening (the only way out for the snake). Josh made good use of his machete and killed the snake. I was so glad that Katie came and got us and that Joshua only watched the snake and didn't try to touch it. We were also lucky it was not a poisonous or a rattle snake! Now I'm a more than a little paranoid about the kids playing outside alone, especially since our home backs up to a very overgrown desert wash.

We made a really big cardboard box fort for the kids today. They have had so much fun in it! Josh and I both barely made it through the maze! It was pretty funny watching josh squeese though the Katie size holes and sharp turns!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Not sure if you will know them since it doesn't sound like you live on the base of Ft. Hauchuca, but Corky's cousin lives in Sierra Vista. Her husband is on the border patrol down there. Look for them at church, they are awesome! Amanda and Josh Leavitt!

Also, if you ever run into retired Col. Stephen Klinefelter and his wife, tell them hello. They are very dear friends of ours!!

And if you are ever passing through Kingman, look us up! :)

Tyler and Jess said...

You're kids are sooo darn cute! I'm glad ya'll made it to Arizona in one piece. I bet it feels good to be home. Take it easy.

Jeni said...

Glad to know that Katie inherited Josh's funny face capapbilities!

WOW that fort looks like fun! What a lot of work! How long did it last?

Michael is ADORABLE!

Love,
Jeni