We are now living in Fort Polk, La. We are still waiting for a house but have been very blessed to get into an apartment/hotel that they are planning on getting rid of and said they wouldn't let anyone else in. We are glad to have gotten in other wise we would have had to stay in the hotel or get into a lease off post. We hope to get into a house by June.
Josh has been very busy at work getting ready for different trainings and deployment. He leaves for Wyoming in the morning (2 am blah) and will be gone most of April. He deploys in the fall to Afghanistan.
The whole family has enjoyed the outdoors here. We've done A LOT of fishing but in the hours and hours of fishing we haven't caught a single fish!! We have caught a lot of frogs (mostly tiny frogs at the edge of ponds, but we did get a green tree frog today) , tiny fish in a net, craw fish, and caterpillars.
Friday we went to the beach. It was very windy and we all had tennis shoes and jeans on!
On our way to the beach we saw a sign for a wetland refuge with a picture of a alligator so we decided to take a look. It was just some informative signs and a trail that went through the bayou.
It didn't take us long before we saw our first wild gator about 15 feet away!
We looked like true tourist with all our excitement a picture taking!!
Gators were the one thing that the kids were really looking forward to when we told them we were moving to Louisiana. Joseph has been saying that he sees gators every time we go over water in the car. I was so glad this time he really got to see one!
(you can see the gator on the other shore behind Joseph)
Watch out for Alligators!!
Katie 'holding' a gator.
Here's another alligator.
Everyone looking a the gator.
Josh hunting for more gators. There were 2 on the other side. A big on and a small one.
We looked like true tourist with all our excitement a picture taking!!
(you can see the gator on the other shore behind Joseph)
I think that this is a funny picture. He looks like he is asking where it is and its 'in his hand'!
The kids checking to see if there where gators under the walkway. Monkey see monkey do, Josh did it first!
There is a small gator (maybe 4 feet) in the open patch of grass. This one was the closest one we saw. About this point (gator #6) I started to get nervous that one of my babies, including Josh, would fall off the path and get eaten by alligators! Well I really wasn't worried about Josh falling off, I was worried about him jumping off to wrestle a gator!! I wouldn't put it past him to do something crazy.
You can see the little gator better here. notice nothing but a tripping over little piece of wood to keep them on the path! Yes, I am a big chicken!!
He was pretty covered in mud. It must have tasted good too!


We went exploring on post, which we do quite a lot of, and took some fun pictures.

I'm trying to get good pictures of each of the kid by them selves with Josh so I can print them up for the kids while Josh is deployed.
A few weeks ago we had a BBQ and went fishing. Katie and Joshua were helping to collect fire wood.
They all got covered in sout
We had steak and Michael wouldn't be happy until he got some. We cut off a big chunk and let him suck on it. When it looked like it was going to start falling apart I tried to take it away and he screamed and held on with a death grip!! "Don't you take away my meat or I'll bite you Mom!"
The kids had so much fun roasting pine cones! They LOVE the fire!
The other day while I was making dinner the kids were all playing outside in our little yard. I didn't realize that when all the kids kept asking for drinks that they really were not thirsty. So what did they want all that water for?
Mud of course!
They all stayed fairly clean, all except little Michael!
By the time I really went to visually check on them this is what I found!
We went exploring on post, which we do quite a lot of, and took some fun pictures.

1 comment:
I'm glad that ya'll finally saw your first gator!!! Get ready for plenty more! haha. The kids look so cute...I love the picture of Micheal in the mud! Priceless. Love you guys!
Post a Comment